It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Is it time?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:30 am 

When do coaches, teams or players start throwing in the towel? Getting to mid-January and many teams looking for 2, 3, 4 players. Mostly C/B/A- but at what point do these teams start combining and those coaches giving up the dream of making a new team?

Post subject: Re: Is it time?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:47 pm 

I think a lot of teams have 9-11. They'd like to have a bit more cushion but can still play with what they've got. So they have no reason to dissolve, but keep looking for the right player to fill those last couple of openings.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:39 pm 

Georgia Banditos will be having tryouts Sunday. It'll be cold but only serious players wanted that can deal with it. No sweatshirts. Sweatshirts are for sissies and there will be no sissy Banditos.

We'll be fielding 4 teams at every age group with a MAX of 18 girls per team. They will be Banditos Red, Green, White/Black striped and Fuchsia. If we cannot field enough teams the girls will play on all 4 teams as they prepare for the Olympics. $600 start up and $300/mo plus a $2200 uniform fee (only the best).

Tryout location will be announced Sunday morning to ensure only serious inquiries.

All ages tryout the same time as we expect the 6 year olds to hang with the old kids.

Times will be as follows:
6am-10am: Check-in ($65 fee due at check-in for tryout)
10am-3pm: Fielding
3pm-3:05pm: Water Break
3:06-9pm: Batting
9:01pm-10pm: Calisthenics (warm down)
10:01pm-11pm: Parents may offer cash or other goods to ensure player spots.

NOTE: Gate fee for parents or siblings of $8. Children under 1 are free!

Good luck, come early we expect to have about 1,700 kids. DiviƩrtete un poco.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:17 pm 

Now, now you two, cut it out. No asking legitimate questions. Or speaking truth. You may upset someone and get called out for worrying about what other teams are doing...and be accused of living in your Mom's basement or something...

Besides, I want our own team where my DD and my coaches DD can start every game, no matter how she actually performs on the field. If I combine with another team, that has a couple really good players that may become a problem. So we'll keep looking for that right fit... :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:21 pm 

Quote:
I want our own team where my DD and my coaches DD can start every game

Dirt, the Banditos are the team for you! We can always add a 5th team at the age group. 1600 at today's tryouts at SunTrust Park but we'll make room.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm 

Dirt is still upset about the basement comment. I'm not sure if that is funny or sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:33 pm 

JRS,

I was joking, that's the least of my concerns. It was directed at others. I don't coach and my DD doesn't need me to coach, I just did the work years ago to make sure I don't have to

Powermaker,

All in good fun. I like the basement...is yours available??? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:33 am 

Dirt - no harm hear. It's part of what this board needs and I enjoy the sarcasm to lighten the mood on real subjects that affect a large majority of teams.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:04 pm 

JRS- I seriously wish there was a "Like" or "Thanks" button on GCC right now. That was a fantastic try-out post! lol :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:20 am 

JRS wrote:
Georgia Banditos will be having tryouts Sunday. It'll be cold but only serious players wanted that can deal with it. No sweatshirts. Sweatshirts are for sissies and there will be no sissy Banditos.

We'll be fielding 4 teams at every age group with a MAX of 18 girls per team. They will be Banditos Red, Green, White/Black striped and Fuchsia. If we cannot field enough teams the girls will play on all 4 teams as they prepare for the Olympics. $600 start up and $300/mo plus a $2200 uniform fee (only the best).

Tryout location will be announced Sunday morning to ensure only serious inquiries.

All ages tryout the same time as we expect the 6 year olds to hang with the old kids.

Times will be as follows:
6am-10am: Check-in ($65 fee due at check-in for tryout)
10am-3pm: Fielding
3pm-3:05pm: Water Break
3:06-9pm: Batting
9:01pm-10pm: Calisthenics (warm down)
10:01pm-11pm: Parents may offer cash or other goods to ensure player spots.

NOTE: Gate fee for parents or siblings of $8. Children under 1 are free!

Good luck, come early we expect to have about 1,700 kids. DiviƩrtete un poco.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That is great!! We're still on the search for a team so I'm happy that some teams are still looking and disturbed at the same time. We've never had to do tryouts this late in the season and it has been quite entertaining to read some of the posts and attend tryouts. Not sure what coaches think is available in mid-January; some goes for people looking for teams. Not much to choose from...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]