It is currently Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Remember, cheaters (that get caught) never win!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:04 pm 

https://extrainningsoftball.com/breaking-news-jacksonville-storm-stripped-of-tc-usa-national-championship-scrapyard-internationals-and-glory-adkins-gold-declared-16-open-champions/

Post subject: Re: Remember, cheaters (that get caught) never win!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:05 pm 

Never thought I would see this happen at that level of play and on that type of stage. Suspect it all the time in small local stuff but not there. I mean, the high levels of softball is a pretty small world. People know people. Unbelievable.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:04 pm 

I watched this team play at Legacy today. I also watched 5 D1 coaches, which included 2 SEC head coaches, get up and leave when the Storm took the field for warm ups. I really feel for the young ladies and their parents that have worked hard to excel at the game of softball only to have it all stripped away by trophy hunting coaches. In the end, it's the girls that pay for the decisions made by a couple of boneheaded adults.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:18 pm 

Coaches, Players and Parents are to blame !!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:59 pm 

The response from the Jacksonville Storm was insulting. It was all a big "misunderstanding". Yep, sorry everybody, but we didn't understand this particular "event criteria". Nobody is personally responsible, but they will take steps to "better understand the dynamics associated with building rosters in order to compete in all events."

THAT'S A BIG OLE PILE OF DOUBLESPEAK AND BULL CRAP!

fpg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:40 am 

Fastpitchgator wrote:
The response from the Jacksonville Storm was insulting. It was all a big "misunderstanding". Yep, sorry everybody, but we didn't understand this particular "event criteria". Nobody is personally responsible, but they will take steps to "better understand the dynamics associated with building rosters in order to compete in all events."

THAT'S A BIG OLE PILE OF DOUBLESPEAK AND BULL CRAP!

fpg

That was my understanding of the statement as well. Does TC use different criteria than USSSA, PGF, or ASA? If not, this statement is complete BS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:35 am 

Same thing happened several weeks ago at the Scenic City Showcase. A team from the Impact organization has been playing 18U because they have two pitchers that are too old to play 16U. The coach decided to play 16U at the showcase with his 18U pitchers and they got caught and had to forfeit the championship game. I get that this was a showcase, but the two 18U pitchers are both committed so it wasn't to get them "exposure."

The craziest thing about this whole situation, is this team has two EX Div 1 coaches! Do they not have the scruples to stand up and say this was wrong???? WTF!

Actually, the craziest thing about this whole situation is the very next weekend they played in an 18U tournament and used a pitcher who was a junior in college!!

It's all about winning to these coaches and nothing else matters. Sad!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]